CA extended its storage management portfolio with the acquisition privately-held XOsoft, Inc., a provider of continuous application availability solutions.
XOSoft provides both replication, synchronization, and continous data protection software. This acquisition adds this functionality to the BrightStor Storage Management line, which so far has contained mainly traditional storage management and backup software.
CA intends to market and support XOsoft's complete family of products through its direct sales force and authorized XOsoft and CA partners. The products encompass:
- Data protection via real-time WAN replication of file servers and databases for Windows Servers, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft IIS and Oracle
- Continuous data protection that provides instant data recovery in the event of isolated data corruption episodes
- Application availability via fully automated failover and failback for file servers, Exchange, SQL, IIS and Oracle
- Disaster recovery site compliance through fully automated, scheduled tests of an organization's disaster recovery system without disrupting the production environment or existing data protection
- Data distribution and consolidation for centralized remote branch office backup, content delivery and web publishing
XOsoft serves more than 1,600 customers in 42 countries. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA with offices in New York, California and Israel. For additional information, please visit http://ca.com/xosoft.