Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Arcserve Job config...

Posted by parkesel 
Arcserve Job config...
September 22, 2012 02:21PM
Hi,
I have a question with Arc server 16 this is possible?

I need to configure my Backup:
I Have 15 Tapes
- 9 for weeks
- 6 for other Backup
Week Backup:
- Tuesday make a full copy of the server, this job will initialize the Tape , and this Tape cannot be overwrite for 9 weeks.
o The other Days Wednesday,Thursday,Friday and Monday I will append incremental to this media, Monday the tape must be eject and a person will receive a mail to insert the Next media 002

- Tuesday make a full copy of the server, this job will initialize the Tape 002 , and this Tape cannot be overwrite for 9 weeks.
o The other Days Wednesday,Thursday,Friday and Monday I will append incremental to this media, Monday the tape must be eject and a person will recive a mail to insert the Next media 003
etc.

After the 9 weeks on mondy a User will recive a mail to insert the Tape 010
- Tuesday make a full copy of the server, this job will initialize the Tape 010 , and this Tape cannot be overwrite for 56 weeks.
o The other Days Wednesday,Thursday,Friday and Monday I will append incremental to this media, Monday the tape must be eject and a person will recive a mail to insert the Next media 001
- Tuesday make a full copy of the server, this job will initialize the Tape 001 , and this Tape cannot be overwrite for 9 weeks.
o The other Days Wednesday,Thursday,Friday and Monday I will append incremental to this media, Monday the tape must be eject and a person will recive a mail to insert the Next media 002
Etc.

After the 9 weeks on mondy a User will recive a mail to insert the Tape 011
- Tuesday make a full copy of the server, this job will initialize the Tape 011 , and this Tape cannot be overwrite for 56 weeks.
o The other Days Wednesday,Thursday,Friday and Monday I will append incremental to this media, Monday the tape must be eject and a person will recive a mail to insert the Next media 001

When I configure rotation backup with gfi enabled, I need a different tape for each day, week etc.
Exist a possibility to save a tape for 9 or 56 weeks?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login