Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Arcserve 11.1 and HP tape Blade

Posted by slipery 
February 04, 2008 04:02AM
Have updated to latest sp and device pack but arcserve still does not see devices.
I am using a HP ultrium 448C tape blade in the new Shorty C3000 chasis. The interface is a SAS 3000 series 8 port with 1068_e store port. I have updated driver to isi-sas.sys 1.21.4.0. I have tried with the tape drive enabled and disabled from device manager. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how I can fault find this further.

Cheers Mal
May 01, 2008 01:13AM
I have a feeling that you need to check with CA support for this since there is a fix for this issue - or atleast I hope.

Thanks
Syed
May 04, 2008 06:55AM
Yes the fix was to update to at least V11.5 ended up with 12. :roll:
May 04, 2008 06:54PM
oh ok
December 20, 2008 01:09PM
Hi slipery,

I am sorry this is a bit out of topic, but seems you are using hp blades for some time now. We are planning to purchase our first blade system & quite debating between Dell & HP. I had read many comparisons online between the two & the last one was [url=http://itcomparison.com/Blades/Bladesdellvshp/Bladeshpvsdell.htm] HP Blade Server vs Dell Blade Server [/url]

After reading all these we are getting closer & closer to go with HP Blades, though we are trying to hear more of people who is using HP Blades & how is their experience with it. If you can PM with your opinion I would really appreciate it. If any one has any problem or a feed back please pm me or just post it here.

Thanks,
MS Right
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login