Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back Up Exec v12 B1364 r00 Will not Launch

Posted by geevsie 
February 10, 2009 07:01AM
Hi

Please can someone help with an issue I am having trying to launch Symantec Backup Exec on a small business server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition.

I have searched on Google for ages tried the repair and reinstall etc but still get the same error in the windows logs see below:

EventType clr20r3, P1 bkupexec.exe, P2 12.0.1364.132, P3 48ac830d, P4 backupexec.uiframework, P5 12.0.1364.132, P6 48ac82e6, P7 161, P8 2d, P9 system.typeinitialization, P10 NIL.

Its a problem with .NET Runtime 2.0. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling .net even to version 3.5

I noticed on a forum somewhere that verdana font could be an issue tried that still a problem.

I have done latest Live updates still problem exists. It tries to launch the program and the bar moves left to righ but never actually launches and then the windows log error appears.

Please if anybody can help I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you for reading so far.

Regards

G
February 10, 2009 08:45AM
Have you tried removing the update for .Net2? We had problems installing it which were solved by removing the update to .Net2, install BE and then install the .Net2 update.

2009/2/10 geevsie <backup-exec-forum < at > backupcentral.com ([email]backup-exec-forum < at > backupcentral.com[/email])>
[quote]
Hi

Please can someone help with an issue I am having trying to launch Symantec Backup Exec on a small business server 2003 SP2 Standard Edition.

I have searched on Google for ages tried the repair and reinstall etc but still get the same error in the windows logs see below:

EventType clr20r3, P1 bkupexec.exe, P2 12.0.1364.132, P3 48ac830d, P4 backupexec.uiframework, P5 12.0.1364.132, P6 48ac82e6, P7 161, P8 2d, P9 system.typeinitialization, P10 NIL.

Its a problem with .NET Runtime 2.0. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling .net even to version 3.5

I noticed on a forum somewhere that verdana font could be an issue tried that still a problem.

I have done latest Live updates still problem exists. It tries to launch the program and the bar moves left to righ but never actually launches and then the windows log error appears.

Please if anybody can help I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you for reading so far.

Regards

G

+----------------------------------------------------------------------
|This was sent by gwishart < at > networkitsolutions.co.uk ([email]gwishart < at > networkitsolutions.co.uk[/email]) via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com ([email]abuse < at > backupcentral.com[/email]).
+----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you&#39;d like to join the discussion, go to [url=http://www.backupcentral.com]http://www.backupcentral.com[/url] and get
a user id. Then subscribe to one or more of our mailing lists or follow the
discussions in one of our forums ([url=http://www.backupcentral.com/phpBB2]http://www.backupcentral.com/phpBB2[/url]).
[/quote]
February 23, 2009 02:33AM
Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to get this fixed. In this case it turned out to be a font in the fonts folder causing this problem.

What I did was remove all font out the fonts folder in Control panel and replaced them one by one till the dodgy font was found then I deleted that.

Strange one but it works now. I dont think .net is the problem all working ok so far and been 2 weeks now.

Cheers

G
February 23, 2009 02:35AM
If you notice your fonts changed in IE or Firefox then its most likely the fix given above removing thefonts will fix your problem.

Cheers

G
April 02, 2009 12:18AM
Thanks a lot! I have struggled with this for 2 days. Then I removed the Verdana-font and guess what? Back on track. Unbelievable.

Thanks again :D

[quote]Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to get this fixed. In this case it turned out to be a font in the fonts folder causing this problem.

What I did was remove all font out the fonts folder in Control panel and replaced them one by one till the dodgy font was found then I deleted that.

Strange one but it works now. I dont think .net is the problem all working ok so far and been 2 weeks now.

Cheers

G[/quote]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login