Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Update 2010 to 2012, help!!

Posted by btisatto 
March 22, 2012 12:28PM
I need update bkp exec 2010 to the new bkp exec 2012 but i don't know if have remake the jobs, i need or is automatic?

Tanks!!
March 23, 2012 09:50AM
please??
March 29, 2012 11:55AM
Hi
You can upgrade Backup Exec using the installation wizard. The upgrade process lets you retain most of your current settings and migrate the information stored in the previous Backup Exec database to the new database. During migration to this new version of Backup Exec - 2012, many of your existing jobs, storage configuration and other settings are modified automatically to accommodate the new features and to make the transition easier for you. Be assured that your data is safe and your existing backup jobs are functionally equivalent.

However, the two most important steps to being prepared for an upgrade is to first, become familiar with the new version concepts and procedures. Make sure that you understand the effect of the upgrade process on your existing deployment, and second, review your current environment and make any changes or adjustments to ensure the upgrade process goes as smoothly as possible. There are lot of freely availaible whitepapers on www.backupexec.com which will help you.

Hope this helps.
Varun
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login