Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PostUserCmd Errors

Posted by Anonymous 
PostUserCmd Errors
August 17, 2016 06:31AM
Hi,

Is it possible to get a failure error from a PostUserCmd? More specifically an ArchivePostUserCmd.

I'd like to check if my ArchivePostUserCmd was successfully finished, apparently, the bin/BackupPC_archive script doesn't make any check for failures on custom commands.

Someone did try anything related? 

Regards,
PostUserCmd Errors
August 17, 2016 09:12AM
I would script the command to report its exit status to a log file somewhere where you can check it. Maybe even have it email you the status.

-Jason

[b]From:[/b] Michel Z. Santello [mailto]
[b]Sent:[/b] Wednesday, August 17, 2016 6:29 AM
[b]To:[/b] backuppc-users < at > lists.sourceforge.net
[b]Subject:[/b] [BackupPC-users] PostUserCmd Errors

Hi,

Is it possible to get a failure error from a PostUserCmd? More specifically an ArchivePostUserCmd.

I'd like to check if my ArchivePostUserCmd was successfully finished, apparently, the bin/BackupPC_archive script doesn't make any check for failures on custom commands.

Someone did try anything related?

Regards,
PostUserCmd Errors
August 17, 2016 09:53AM
[quote]
I would script the command to report its exit status to a log file somewhere where you can check it. Maybe even have it email you the status. [u][/u][u][/u]
[u][/u] [u][/u]
-Jason[u][/u][u][/u]
[u][/u] 

[/quote] 
Actually, I&#39;m doing that, my script give me a failure report, but I&#39;d like a "real failure", detected and reported by backuppc

Above, 0.6 min backups are success, and 0.0 are failed.

I&#39;ll try to implement.

Thx

PostUserCmd Errors
August 18, 2016 05:33AM
[quote]Actually, I&#39;m doing that, my script give me a failure report, but I&#39;d like a "real failure", detected and reported by backuppc

Above, 0.6 min backups are success, and 0.0 are failed.

I&#39;ll try to implement.

Thx

[/quote]

Hi, I forgot that feature,

The script only need an exit 1 status, perfect!.

Thks all. 
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login