Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home/pbuc/public_html/forum/mods/ext_phorummail/ezc/Base/src/ezc_bootstrap.php on line 36

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KeyCAPTCHA_CLASS has a deprecated constructor in /home/pbuc/public_html/forum/mods/keycaptcha/keycaptcha.php on line 108
sync_first and sync command is backing up every file every t
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Posted by Anonymous 
November 13, 2014 02:43PM
[b][/b]I am performing SSH backups from my laptop to my home server. Everything is configured and working.

[b][/b]I've enabled [b]sync_first=1[/b] which I understand means that when I want to perform an hourly/daily/weekly backup, I first need to run [b]rsnapshot sync[/b] to actually perform the backup (copying remote files to a .sync folder). Only then do I run the [b]rsnapshot weekly/hourly/daily [/b]command which simply updates the symlinks to the various hourly.0 etc. folders

My problem is that every time I run [b]sync [/b]my entire laptop is backed up [u]every[/u] time. This means that every backup takes a huge amount of time. I would have assumed that the sync command took into consideration what has changed since the last sync and only grabbed those particular files. Is this the correct behaviour or am I misusing this command?

Thanks,

[b]Timmy[/b]

timmyomahony < at > fastmail.fm ([email]timmyomahony < at > fastmail.fm[/email])
November 13, 2014 04:23PM
On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Timmy O&#39;Mahony <timmyomahony < at > fastmail.fm ([email]timmyomahony < at > fastmail.fm[/email])> wrote:
[quote]I am performing SSH backups from my laptop to my home server. Everything is configured and working.

[b][/b]I&#39;ve enabled [b]sync_first=1[/b] which I understand means that when I want to perform an hourly/daily/weekly backup, I first need to run [b]rsnapshot sync[/b] to actually perform the backup (copying remote files to a .sync folder). Only then do I run the [b]rsnapshot weekly/hourly/daily [/b]command which simply updates the symlinks to the various hourly.0 etc. folders

My problem is that every time I run [b]sync  [/b]my entire laptop is backed up [u]every[/u] time. This means that every backup takes a huge amount of time. I would have assumed that the sync command took into consideration what has changed since the last sync and only grabbed those particular files. Is this the correct behaviour or am I misusing this command?

[/quote]

Where is rsnapshot running, on the laptop or the server? Hint: it should be running on the server and pulling files from the laptop. This isn&#39;t very clear in the documentation.

poc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login