Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Posted by Mick 
Mick
Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 12, 2017 01:59PM
Hi,

I have been using Bacula for several years and have been able to compile
successfully before but since 7.4.7 I have been getting an error when I
run configure which causes make to fail.

---------------------------------

Error Message

In file included from xacl.c:1306:0:

xacl_linux.h:37:2: error: #error "configure failed to detect
availability of sys/acl.h"

#error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"

--------------------------------------

OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

-----------------------------------------

Packages installed:

acl

libacl-devel

libacl-devel-32bit

libacl1

libacl1-32bit

-----------------------------------

I use the following to compile:

#!/bin/bash

CFLAGS="-g -O2" \

../configure \

--sbindir=/etc/bacula/bin \

--sysconfdir=/etc/bacula/bin \

--with-pid-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--with-subsys-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--enable-smartalloc \

--with-mysql \

--with-working-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--with-dump-email=root \

--with-job-email=root \

--with-smtp-host=localhost \

--with-dir-password=mik \

--with-fd-password=mik \

--with-sd-password=mik \

--with-systemd \

--disable-acl \

--disable-xattr

------------------------

The acl.h file exists on the system

/usr/include/sys/acl.h -------------------------------

I am getting similar errors with XATTR

-----------------------------------

I'd love to work out what is wrong but I'd be happy if I could just
compile without ACL/XATTR support. I've searched for help but all I
could find was some comments about altering some files after running
config however I couldn't find any specific details (e.g. which files
and what do you do with them).

Any help would be appreciated however I am not a C programmer so please
keep it simple.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 13, 2017 11:00AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Mick
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 13, 2017 11:04AM
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I removed the 32 bit packages and re-tried but got the same error.

I'll file this as a bug later today.

Regards


On 13/07/17 17:58, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Would you try removing the two 32 bit libraries and see if that fixes
> the problem?
>
> If that does not fix the problem would you please file a bug report on
> this? I agree with you that one should either be able to build
> correctly with acl support or turn it off. At a quick look it looks
> like the code requires acl support, and if that is the case, it is a bug.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern
>
>
> On 07/12/2017 09:53 PM, Mick wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using Bacula for several years and have been able to
>> compile successfully before but since 7.4.7 I have been getting an
>> error when I run configure which causes make to fail.
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> Error Message
>>
>> In file included from xacl.c:1306:0:
>>
>> xacl_linux.h:37:2: error: #error "configure failed to detect
>> availability of sys/acl.h"
>>
>> #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"
>>
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)
>>
>> -----------------------------------------
>>
>> Packages installed:
>>
>> acl
>>
>> libacl-devel
>>
>> libacl-devel-32bit
>>
>> libacl1
>>
>> libacl1-32bit
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> I use the following to compile:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>>
>> CFLAGS="-g -O2" \
>>
>> ./configure \
>>
>> --sbindir=/etc/bacula/bin \
>>
>> --sysconfdir=/etc/bacula/bin \
>>
>> --with-pid-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \
>>
>> --with-subsys-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \
>>
>> --enable-smartalloc \
>>
>> --with-mysql \
>>
>> --with-working-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \
>>
>> --with-dump-email=root \
>>
>> --with-job-email=root \
>>
>> --with-smtp-host=localhost \
>>
>> --with-dir-password=mik \
>>
>> --with-fd-password=mik \
>>
>> --with-sd-password=mik \
>>
>> --with-systemd \
>>
>> --disable-acl \
>>
>> --disable-xattr
>>
>> ------------------------
>>
>> The acl.h file exists on the system
>>
>> /usr/include/sys/acl.h -------------------------------
>>
>> I am getting similar errors with XATTR
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> I'd love to work out what is wrong but I'd be happy if I could just
>> compile without ACL/XATTR support. I've searched for help but all I
>> could find was some comments about altering some files after running
>> config however I couldn't find any specific details (e.g. which files
>> and what do you do with them).
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated however I am not a C programmer so
>> please keep it simple.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
>> engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org!http://sdm.link/slashdot
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Bacula-users mailing list
>> Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Mick
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 14, 2017 12:03AM
Hi,

I already have these 2 packages installed

libattr-devel

libattr1

I have filed this as a bug.

Regards


On 14/07/17 06:47, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 06:40:52PM +0100, Mick wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your quick response.
>>
>> I removed the 32 bit packages and re-tried but got the same error.
>>
>> I'll file this as a bug later today.
>>
> Have you tried installing the libattr-devel files as well? Those came
> up as a depency when I compiled 9.0.0 on CentOS 6.
>
> All the best, Uwe
>
> --
> Uwe Schürkamp | email: <uwe.schuerkamp@nionex.net>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Ralf Brinkmann
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 14, 2017 12:08AM
Am 12.07.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Mick:
> Error Message
> #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"
> OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

Just made a little test with "openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)" that I have in a
VirtualBox for "wine" test issues.

For this test I disabled "bat" in my standard configuration.

> BASE=$(readlink -f ".")
> cd $BASE/bacula-9.0.0
> ./configure --with-mysql --enable-conio # --enable-bat
> make clean
> make

On the first runnings I got the same error.

With yast2 I had to add a compiler at first - "gcc5" - then the
"libmysqld-devel" pack and the "libacl-devel" pack
.... and succeeded finaly.

--
Ralf Brinkmann


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Josip Deanovic
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 14, 2017 12:10AM
On Friday 2017-07-14 07:24:51 Mick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already have these 2 packages installed
>
> libattr-devel
>
> libattr1
>
> I have filed this as a bug.

Hi!

I didn't use SuSE for a long time but it is likely that libattr1
has a version 1.x while libattr has a version 2.x.

You need a library package and its devel package. So you need to
install libattr package and if you really need to use version 1.x
of libattr then you need to install libattr1-devel package.

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Mick
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 15, 2017 12:01AM
Hi,

libmysqld-devel was the one that did it (I already had the others).

Installed the package and now compile - make - make install all OK.


Thank you very much for your help.



On 14/07/17 07:47, Ralf Brinkmann wrote:
> Am 12.07.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Mick:
>> Error Message
>> #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"
>> OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)
>
> Just made a little test with "openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)" that I have in a
> VirtualBox for "wine" test issues.
>
> For this test I disabled "bat" in my standard configuration.
>
>> BASE=$(readlink -f ".")
>> cd $BASE/bacula-9.0.0
>> ./configure --with-mysql --enable-conio # --enable-bat
>> make clean
>> make
>
> On the first runnings I got the same error.
>
> With yast2 I had to add a compiler at first - "gcc5" - then the
> "libmysqld-devel" pack and the "libacl-devel" pack
> ... and succeeded finaly.
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error
July 15, 2017 06:05AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login