Remco Post
directory container compacting
December 06, 2017 02:59AM
Hi All,

I have a new one. I have a server with a directory container storage pool, currently spread over two directories. One dir (the one I want to keep on using) is 2.5 TB in size, the total amount of data is 2.2 TB, so that should fit, right? Well, no, because a lot of the containers are only partially filled and if I move those, the entire container, including the empty space, is moved, not only the data. Is there a way to force TSM to reclaim the empty space?

--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post@plcs.nl
+31 6 248 21 622
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Håkon Phillip Tønder-Keul
Re: directory container compacting
December 06, 2017 02:59AM
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Hi,

This maybe what you are looking for.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22004973

Håkon



On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 11:21 +0100, Remco Post wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a new one. I have a server with a directory container storage
> pool, currently spread over two directories. One dir (the one I want
> to keep on using) is 2.5 TB in size, the total amount of data is 2.2
> TB, so that should fit, right? Well, no, because a lot of the
> containers are only partially filled and if I move those, the entire
> container, including the empty space, is moved, not only the data. Is
> there a way to force TSM to reclaim the empty space?
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=Zi0P
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Remco Post
Re: directory container compacting
December 06, 2017 03:59AM
> On 6 Dec 2017, at 11:44, Håkon Phillip Tønder-Keul <hakon.tonder-keul@BASEFARM.COM <mailto:hakon.tonder-keul@BASEFARM.COM>> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Hi,
>
> This maybe what you are looking for.
>
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22004973 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22004973
>
> Håkon
>
>
>
> On Wed, 2017-12-06 at 11:21 +0100, Remco Post wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a new one. I have a server with a directory container storage
> > pool, currently spread over two directories. One dir (the one I want
> > to keep on using) is 2.5 TB in size, the total amount of data is 2.2
> > TB, so that should fit, right? Well, no, because a lot of the
> > containers are only partially filled and if I move those, the entire
> > container, including the empty space, is moved, not only the data. Is
> > there a way to force TSM to reclaim the empty space?
> >
>


That might help a lot, tnx.


--

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post@plcs.nl <mailto:r.post@plcs.nl>
+31 6 248 21 622
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login