Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RHEL Tape Join Drivers?

Posted by Zoltan Forray 
Zoltan Forray
RHEL Tape Join Drivers?
January 15, 2019 11:59AM
Can someone explain what a "join" driver is? Google-ing doesn't bring up
anything useful? The lin_tape readme says they tried to introduce it back
in 2017 - removed it - and now it is back?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
Xymon Monitor Administrator
VMware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services
www.ucc.vcu.edu
zforray@vcu.edu - 804-828-4807
Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
never use email to request that you reply with your password, social
security number or confidential personal information. For more details
visit http://phishing.vcu.edu/
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Sasa Drnjevic
Re: RHEL Tape Join Drivers?
January 16, 2019 10:59AM
On 2019-01-15 20:49, Zoltan Forray wrote:
> Can someone explain what a "join" driver is? Google-ing doesn't bring up
> anything useful? The lin_tape readme says they tried to introduce it back
> in 2017 - removed it - and now it is back?


Hi.

Just came across this for the 1st time...with lin_tape 3.0.39...

It is explained here: IBMTapeDeviceDriver_IUG_20170804_GC27-2130-22.pdf

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=577&uid=ssg1S7002972


Used for Enabling path failover for st and sg interface.

page 55

Enabling path failover for the sg interface

Through a collaboration effort that is named join driver, control path
failover is supported through the sg
interface, by using the latest lin_tape driver version.


page 58

Enabling path failover for st and sg interface

Through a collaboration effort that is named join driver, control path
failover is planned to be supported
through st and sg interfaces by using the latest lin_tape driver version.


--
Sasa Drnjevic
www.srce.unizg.hr/en/




> --
> *Zoltan Forray*
> Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
> Xymon Monitor Administrator
> VMware Administrator
> Virginia Commonwealth University
> UCC/Office of Technology Services
> www.ucc.vcu.edu
> zforray@vcu.edu - 804-828-4807
> Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
> never use email to request that you reply with your password, social
> security number or confidential personal information. For more details
> visit http://phishing.vcu.edu/
>
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Zoltan Forray
Re: RHEL Tape Join Drivers?
January 16, 2019 01:59PM
Thank you for your research/info.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM Sasa Drnjevic <Sasa.Drnjevic@srce.hr> wrote:

> On 2019-01-15 20:49, Zoltan Forray wrote:
> > Can someone explain what a "join" driver is? Google-ing doesn't bring up
> > anything useful? The lin_tape readme says they tried to introduce it
> back
> > in 2017 - removed it - and now it is back?
>
>
> Hi.
>
> Just came across this for the 1st time...with lin_tape 3.0.39...
>
> It is explained here: IBMTapeDeviceDriver_IUG_20170804_GC27-2130-22.pdf
>
> https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=577&uid=ssg1S7002972
>
>
> Used for Enabling path failover for st and sg interface.
>
> page 55
>
> Enabling path failover for the sg interface
>
> Through a collaboration effort that is named join driver, control path
> failover is supported through the sg
> interface, by using the latest lin_tape driver version.
>
>
> page 58
>
> Enabling path failover for st and sg interface
>
> Through a collaboration effort that is named join driver, control path
> failover is planned to be supported
> through st and sg interfaces by using the latest lin_tape driver version.
>
>
> --
> Sasa Drnjevic
> www.srce.unizg.hr/en/
>
>
>
>
> > --
> > *Zoltan Forray*
> > Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
> > Xymon Monitor Administrator
> > VMware Administrator
> > Virginia Commonwealth University
> > UCC/Office of Technology Services
> > www.ucc.vcu.edu
> > zforray@vcu.edu - 804-828-4807
> > Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
> > never use email to request that you reply with your password, social
> > security number or confidential personal information. For more details
> > visit http://phishing.vcu.edu/
> >
>


--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
Xymon Monitor Administrator
VMware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services
www.ucc.vcu.edu
zforray@vcu.edu - 804-828-4807
Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will
never use email to request that you reply with your password, social
security number or confidential personal information. For more details
visit http://phishing.vcu.edu/
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login