Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How do I schedule a backup to run every 4 hours?

Posted by Anonymous 
June 04, 2015 06:50AM
I’m currently running NetBackup 7.6.0.1 on Redhat Linux. Is there a way schedule a backup schedule to run multiple times a day or do I have to create multiple schedules with different start time windows?
Thanks in advance..

Wayne BeDour
Unix System Administrator
PH: 248-447-1739
Internet: wbedour < at > lear.com
June 04, 2015 07:12AM
Never mind, I&#8217;m gotten so used to Calendar based backups I forgot about the old Frequency method&#8230;..

Wayne BeDour
Internet: wbedour < at > lear.com

[b]From:[/b] BeDour, Wayne
[b]Sent:[/b] Thursday, June 04, 2015 9:50 AM
[b]To:[/b] 'veritas-bu < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu'
[b]Subject:[/b] How do I schedule a backup to run every 4 hours?

I&#8217;m currently running NetBackup 7.6.0.1 on Redhat Linux. Is there a way schedule a backup schedule to run multiple times a day or do I have to create multiple schedules with different start time windows?
Thanks in advance..

Wayne BeDour
Internet: wbedour < at > lear.com ([email]wbedour < at > lear.com[/email])
June 04, 2015 07:12AM
In the schedule itself there is a “frequency” definition. I haven’t done it but I assume if you allow it to run all day and set the frequency to 4 hours it would do multiple backups.

Note that the 4 hours would be from the previous backup so if exact time is important you might want to set up a user backup run from cron instead of relying on the schedule itself. (i.e. If your first backup normally runs at 1 PM but has issues and doesn’t run until 2 PM the next one would run at 6 PM rather than 5 PM and each subsequent backup would run 4 hours later.)

[i]Jeffrey C. Lightner[/i][i][/i]
[i]Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator[/i][i][/i]

DS Services of America, Inc.
2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy
Suite [i]600 N[/i]
Atlanta, GA 30339-8461

P: [i]678-486-3516[/i]
C: [i]678-772-0018[/i]
F: [i]678-460-3603[/i]
E: [i]jlightner < at > dsservices.com[/i]

[b]From:[/b] veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto] [b]On Behalf Of [/b]BeDour, Wayne
[b]Sent:[/b] Thursday, June 04, 2015 9:50 AM
[b]To:[/b] veritas-bu < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[b]Subject:[/b] [Veritas-bu] How do I schedule a backup to run every 4 hours?

I’m currently running NetBackup 7.6.0.1 on Redhat Linux. Is there a way schedule a backup schedule to run multiple times a day or do I have to create multiple schedules with different start time windows?
Thanks in advance..

Wayne BeDour
Internet: wbedour < at > lear.com ([email]wbedour < at > lear.com[/email])
[quote]************************ LEGAL DISCLAIMER ************************ This E-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **[/quote]0 [quote]** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **[/quote]1 [quote]** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **[/quote]2 [quote]** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **[/quote]3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login