Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Restore SAN media server data file to another media server

Posted by windsonf 
June 22, 2015 02:04AM
I am using NetBackup 7.6.0.3 I wan to restore data file from a SAN media server A to anther SAN media server B. I already setup the "Media Host Override" option. But I only can restore the data file use LAN from master server instead of SAN for media server.

Is that any setup I am missing?
When I choose the "Server to use for backups and restore" as Server B. An error message occurred " pipe close failed"

Thanks for help.
July 15, 2015 10:25AM
On the master server modify the bp.conf (usually in /usr/openv/netbackup on Linux and UNIX) add a line:
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = <original_media_server> <target_media_server>

Run "bpadm" from command line.
Choose g) Global Configuration from first menu
Choose m) Modify Configuration... from next menu
Choose d) Notify request daemon from final menu.
(Hit q on each menu to exit back out).
This makes the change you did take effect.

In your restore set the source to the original media server and the destination to the target media server. It should start the restore using the target server as the media server. (Note the setting for source and target in the GUI is just the clients not the media servers which is why you have to do the bp.conf modification to change media server. Your target media server is NOT a client on the source media server which is why it can't connect when you don't also change media server.)

Don't forget to comment out the FORCE... and run the bpadm when you're done to return to original configuration.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.
2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy
Suite 600 N
Atlanta, GA  30339-8461

P: 678-486-3516
C: 678-772-0018
F: 678-460-3603
E: jlightner < at > dsservices.com

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto] On Behalf Of windsonf
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 5:05 AM
To: VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore SAN media server data file to another media server

I am using NetBackup 7.6.0.3 I wan to restore data file from a SAN media server A to anther SAN media server B. I already setup the "Media Host Override" option. But I only can restore the data file use LAN from master server instead of SAN for media server.

Is that any setup I am missing?
When I choose the "Server to use for backups and restore" as Server B. An error message occurred " pipe close failed"

Thanks for help.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------
|This was sent by cl.fan < at > towngas.com via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com.
+----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login