Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

[EMC-DataProtection-L] Licensing?

Posted by Anonymous 
September 30, 2016 12:18PM
Does anyone know how to reach EMC licensing other than through e-mail (licensing < at > emc.com ([email]licensing < at > emc.com[/email]))? Is this possible?  I know it used to be.
But I didn't see any information on the EMC web site other than the host transfer feature, and, of course, the ability to view your current licenses. Also, calling them results in a full mailbox error message, which has been the case for quite sometime now. Has anyone else noticed this?

For example:

1. Called 1-800-782-4362 (received EMC recording with options: 1-7)
2. Selected option # 3 (Software support). Received recording with 3 options
3. Selected option # 1 (All Software products)

Press 1 for support with a new or existing service request
Press 2 to speak to a software licensing representative

4. Selected option # 2.

Played music and then received a message to leave a detailed message ... and then:

"Your message cannot be delivered because that mailbox is full."

It then rings back to an EMC receptionist, outside of licensing. Hmm ...

Is there some other number or extension to reach them directly?

Thanks

George [quote]--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-4921
- The preceding message is personal and does not reflect any official or unofficial position of the United States Department of Commerce -
- Any opinions expressed in this message are NOT those of the US Govt. -
[/quote]
September 30, 2016 01:22PM
Raise a case or use the chat tool on the support site.
I had to use it 2 days ago.
--
Sent from Hotmail Email App for Android
Friday, 30 September 2016, 08:13p.m. +01:00 from George Sinclair - NOAA Federal george.sinclair < at > NOAA.GOV ([email]george.sinclair < at > NOAA.GOV[/email]):

[quote]
Does anyone know how to reach EMC licensing other than through e-mail ([url=//e-aj.my.com/compose/?mailto=mailto%3alicensing < at > emc.com]licensing < at > emc.com[/url])? Is this possible? I know it used to be.
But I didn't see any information on the EMC web site other than the host transfer feature, and, of course, the ability to view your current licenses. Also, calling them results in a full mailbox error message, which has been the case for quite sometime now. Has anyone else noticed this?

For example:

1. Called 1-800-782-4362 (received EMC recording with options: 1-7)
2. Selected option # 3 (Software support). Received recording with 3 options
3. Selected option # 1 (All Software products)

Press 1 for support with a new or existing service request
Press 2 to speak to a software licensing representative

4. Selected option # 2.

Played music and then received a message to leave a detailed message ... and then:

"Your message cannot be delivered because that mailbox is full."

It then rings back to an EMC receptionist, outside of licensing. Hmm ...

Is there some other number or extension to reach them directly?

Thanks

George [quote]--
George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-4921
- The preceding message is personal and does not reflect any official or unofficial position of the United States Department of Commerce -
- Any opinions expressed in this message are NOT those of the US Govt. -
[/quote]
-- This list is hosted as a public service at Temple University by Stan Horwitz If you wish to sign off this list or adjust your subscription settings, please do so via [url=http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/emc-dataprotection-l.html]http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/emc-dataprotection-l.html[/url] If you have any questions regarding management of this list, please send email to [url=//e-aj.my.com/compose/?mailto=mailto%3aowner%2demc%2ddataprotection%2dl < at > listserv.temple.edu]owner-emc-dataprotection-l < at > listserv.temple.edu[/url]

[/quote]
October 18, 2016 12:27AM
There are many technology partners which will be more than happy to help you. We are not one. But There's very small advantage on using partners, sometimes you can get really good prices because they will assign more people to pre/sales with some technical knowledge and not only you will gain value of their experience but possibly better price because they could fit better solution for you (only get bits which you really need in your environment).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login