Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Re: NetWorker 8.2.4.9 nsr_render_log (RESOLVED)

Posted by Frank Swasey 
Frank Swasey
Re: NetWorker 8.2.4.9 nsr_render_log (RESOLVED)
November 10, 2017 11:00AM
Folks,

This is new behavior. But it is not that different from what nsr_render_log used to do. In the past, nsr_render_log dumped the "unable to render the following message:" lines into the stdout stream with the formatted log. The difference in 8.2.4.9 is those "unable to render..." messages are sent to stderr, and then the line is given a "unknown" format and placed in the stdout stream with the rest of the formatted log. I guess you can say this is an improvement, it gives you a standard message of sorts that you can parse.

- Frank

On 10/30/17, 13:27, "EMC Data Protection Q & A on behalf of Frank Swasey" <EMC-DATAPROTECTION-L@LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU<mailto:EMC-DATAPROTECTION-L@LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU> on behalf of Frank.Swasey@UVM.EDU<mailto:Frank.Swasey@UVM.EDU>> wrote:

Thanks. Perhaps when EMC responds, we'll be able to figure out why NetWorker's self-run nsrim commands are dumping output into daemon.raw for my install.

On 10/30/17, 13:25, "Mark Davis" <davism@uwo.ca<mailto:davism@uwo.ca>> wrote:

Yes, nsr_render_log did spit the send-mail error out, but I didn’t mention it as I didn’t want to muddy the waters.

Mark

Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 1:22 PM
To: Mark Davis <davism@uwo.ca>; EMC Data Protection Q & A <EMC-DATAPROTECTION-L@LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU>
Subject: Re: [EMC-DataProtection-L] NetWorker 8.2.4.9 nsr_render_log

But, nsr_render_log does not spit that out as a message that it cannot render? I would expect it to.

(resent and trimmed because the listserv griped about too many lines)

On 10/30/17, 13:18, "Mark Davis" <davism@uwo.ca<mailto:davism@uwo.ca>> wrote:

Nothing here, other than this error which was caused by the “upgrade” to 8.2.4.9 modifying our /etc/hosts file with an IPV6 loopback address, and breaking our emails from the backup server. We’ve since fixed that.

[server] grep -v '^[0-9]' daemon.raw
[server] send-mail: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface found for ::1

Of course we did find it bizarre that the upgrade would change the hosts file without asking first.

Mark

-- This list is hosted as a public service at Temple University by Stan Horwitz If you wish to sign off this list or adjust your subscription settings, please do so via http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/emc-dataprotection-l.html If you have any questions regarding management of this list, please send email to owner-emc-dataprotection-l@listserv.temple.edu<mailto:owner-emc-dataprotection-l@listserv.temple.edu>

--
This list is hosted as a public service at Temple University by Stan Horwitz
If you wish to sign off this list or adjust your subscription settings, please do so via http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/emc-dataprotection-l.html
If you have any questions regarding management of this list, please send email to owner-emc-dataprotection-l@listserv.temple.edu
This message was imported via the External PhorumMail Module
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login