Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Moving from LTO-1 to LT0-4

Posted by fersher 
May 15, 2009 07:27AM
Hey all.

Looking for any docs from HP on how to move from LTO-1 to LTO-4. We have a ton of data on a ton of LTO-1 tapes and I am looking for a not to painful way of transferring this data but at the same time dont want to leave a bunch of useless space on the new LTO-4. If anyone has ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. We are on DP A.06.00.

Thanks all.
May 16, 2009 02:48AM
Why dont u use the copy option from tape to tape.

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, fersher <data-protector-forum < at > backupcentral.com> wrote:

From: fersher <data-protector-forum < at > backupcentral.com>
Subject: [DP] Moving from LTO-1 to LT0-4
To: data-protector < at > backupcentral.com
Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 2:27 PM

Hey all.

Looking for any docs from HP on how to move from LTO-1 to LTO-4. We have a ton of data on a ton of LTO-1 tapes and I am looking for a not to painful way of transferring this data but at the same time dont want to leave a bunch of useless space on the new LTO-4. If anyone has ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. We are on DP A.06.00.

Thanks all.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------
|This was sent by cmay < at > stonemor.com (cmay &lt; at &gt; stonemor.com) via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com (abuse &lt; at &gt; backupcentral.com).
+----------------------------------------------------------------------

June 17, 2009 12:35AM
Object copies.
For simplicity - you've the option of de-staging from LTO1 to disk-store, and then back onto LTO4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'GoogleAnalyticsObject' (T_STRING), expecting ']' in /tmp/tpl-lightweight_blue-footer-bc9d4c1f6d5e5fdfdcbff526fb7bae92.php-stage2 on line 6