Just a quick note to keep you abreast of what's happening at Backup Central: A lot!
As always, the most recent Curtis' Backup Blog entries can be found here.
The most recently changed pages in the Wiki can be seen here. Lots of good stuff there, including
- A new Disk Targets for Archives directory
- An updated CDP directory
- A new Wiki category intended to store user-contributed scripts, including instructions on how to put a script into it, and the reasons why I think that storing scripts in the Wiki is a Good Thing .
- Some new thoughts on the Solaris Bare Metal chapter from Backup & Recovery
The most recent news can be seen here.
Other recent changes:
- Made it easier to get reminded of your forgotten user id and/or password. (Now you only have to enter the email address you used to register, and it will reset your password and send both your user id and password to you.)
- Created a two-way link between the NetBackup, NetWorker, & TSM mailing lists and their respective forums on the site. (Posts to the forum show up on the mailing list with you Backup Central user id on them.)
- The RSS feed is activated. If your browser supports it, the links can be found in the address bar and/or the lower left-hand corner of the Home Page.
----- Signature and Disclaimer -----
Written by W. Curtis Preston (@wcpreston). For those of you unfamiliar with my work, I've specialized in backup & recovery since 1993. I've written the O'Reilly books on backup and have worked with a number of native and commercial tools. I am now Chief Technical Evangelist at Druva, the leading provider of cloud-based data protection and data management tools for endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud applications. These posts reflect my own opinion and are not necessarily the opinion of my employer.