SearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Backing up multiple file systems
Post Backing up multiple file systems 
We have a large system that has multiple disks broke into different vaults. Vault01, Vault02...ect. We have files in each Vault that we want to backup. Currently we are having to create a backup job for each vault for the changed files. Is there a way to backup across these multiple file systems using just one session?

Post Backing up multiple file systems 
I should have mentioned that we are using the Command Line to issue the backups. The problem with this method is it causes us to have to run one backup per file system. What we would like to accomplish is scouring the changed files across the multiple vaults and only backing up the files that have changed. So far we have not found a way to just use one backup command to capture all the changed files across the different vaults( aka file systems). Any suggestions?

Your solution will depend on your OS and what you want to end up with.

My opinion is that you still want to use a backup specification and point the command line (omnib) at it so that Data Protector can manage the "changed files" part of your concern.

Once you've created the specification for all the filesystems and/or hosts you want included, you can kick off the spec from the command line as an incremental; DP will check for changed files and back up them only.

...or perhaps I don't understand what you're trying to do...

Stan

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1