The first beta of amanda-3.3.0 is available from
http://www.zmanda.com/download-amanda.php (binary packages; version
http://amanda.org/download.php (tarball; under "Development")
The more testing this release can get, the better, try it.
New features are:
* chg-aggregate: new changer that use other changer sequentially.
* Add meta label in tapelist file
o new NUM-SLOT property
o new AUTO-CREATE-SLOT property
o new REMOVABLE property
o new MOUNT property
o new UMOUNT property
o new UMOUNT-LOCKFILE property
o new UMOUNT-IDLE property
* Change in amanda.conf
o new meta-autolabel option
o autolabel can include org, config, barcode, meta in the label
o new client-name option in appication and script.
* application and script in amanda-client.conf can be used to set
default properties for application or script.
o the label argument is no longer required, an autolabel can
o new --meta option
o new --barcode option
o new --assign option
* amgtar, amstar: The path must be specified, it will not works with
* amrecover: decompression and decryption are now done on the client
if compression/encryption was done on the client.
* amtape: inventory print the current slot
o autoflush have value "no|yes|all"
o script have single-execution setting.
o add pre-amcheck, post-amcheck, pre-estimate, post-estimate,
pre-backup and post-backup to execute-on of script.
o add taperscan and interactivity section.
o add 'server' value in recovery-limit.
o add dump-limit in a dumptype.
o add amdump-server setting.
* script are searched in $APPLICATION_DIR,
* and $CONFIG_DIR/application
o add -s argument
o is also installed on client
* new amdumpd server service, if enable, it allow client to start a
backup of itself.
* new amdump_client program, it is use on client to start a backup