SearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
CV fails to login to DCs after upgrade
Post CV fails to login to DCs after upgrade 
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has hit this on an upgrade.....

I've just migrated to a new CS on CV9 from my old CS on CV8. The upgrade seems to have gone ok, and backups are all working fine.....apart from one thing, my Domain Controllers.

I have 4 DC's with the AD iDataAgent installed, and when these particular jobs run i get:

"Error Code: [72:27] Description: Unable to log in using user [MYDOMAINCN=domainadministratoraccount,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=subdomain,DC=ac,DC=uk\\servername]. Error code returned was [0]. Please make sure the user credentials are correct.

I have not changed the password of the AD account in use, the error appeared immediately on first running the DC jobs, after bringing up the new Commserve. All other 250 or so jobs on various Platforms (windows, solaris, linux etc) are running fine. I've tried manually resetting the password on an affected AD iDataAgent, but it still fails to login.

Anyone experienced similar?

Cheers

Mark

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]markey164 < at > yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1) Recent Activity: Visit Your Group

Commvault Documentation here:
http://documentation.commvault.com/
Text-Only ([email]commvault-traditional < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional[/email]), Daily Digest ([email]commvault-digest < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest[/email]) &bull; Unsubscribe ([email]commvault-unsubscribe < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Send us Feedback ([email]ygroupsnotifications < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback on the redesigned individual mail v1[/email])

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=6573/stime=1365883136[/img]
__,_._,___

Try changing the username format from ldap to domainusername and run a full backup On 14/04/2013 5:58 AM, "Mark Edwards" <markey164 < at > yahoo.com ([email]markey164 < at > yahoo.com[/email])> wrote:  
Hi all,

I've just migrated to a new CS on CV9 from my old CS on CV8. The upgrade seems to have gone ok, and backups are all working fine.....apart from one thing, my Domain Controllers.

I have 4 DC's with the AD iDataAgent installed, and when these particular jobs run i get:

"Error Code: [72:27] Description: Unable to log in using user [MYDOMAINCN=domainadministratoraccount,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=subdomain,DC=ac,DC=uk\\servername]. Error code returned was [0]. Please make sure the user credentials are correct.

I have not changed the password of the AD account in use, the error appeared immediately on first running the DC jobs, after bringing up the new Commserve. All other 250 or so jobs on various Platforms (windows, solaris, linux etc) are running fine. I've tried manually resetting the password on an affected AD iDataAgent, but it still fails to login.

Cheers

Mark

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]luke < at > blackduck.nu?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2) Recent Activity: Visit Your Group

Text-Only ([email]commvault-traditional < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional[/email]), Daily Digest ([email]commvault-digest < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest[/email]) &bull; Unsubscribe ([email]commvault-unsubscribe < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Send us Feedback ([email]ygroupsnotifications < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Feedback on the redesigned individual mail v1[/email])

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=6574/stime=1365890756[/img]
__,_._,___

Thanks Luke. Your suggestion was spot on. That fixed it!

Many Thanks Surprised)

Mark

--- On Sat, 4/13/13, Luke Walker <luke < at > blackduck.nu> wrote:

Subject: Re: [commvault] CV fails to login to DC's after upgrade
To: commvault < at > yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 11:05 PM

Try changing the username format from ldap to domainusername and run a full backup On 14/04/2013 5:58 AM, "Mark Edwards" <[url=/mc/compose?to=markey164 < at > yahoo.com]markey164 < at > yahoo.com[/url]> wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers

Mark

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]markey164 < at > yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3) Recent Activity: Visit Your Group

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=6575/stime=1365892125[/img]
__,_._,___

No worries Smile On 14/04/2013 8:28 AM, "Mark Edwards" <markey164 < at > yahoo.com ([email]markey164 < at > yahoo.com[/email])> wrote:  

Thanks Luke. Your suggestion was spot on. That fixed it!

Many Thanks Surprised)

Mark

--- On Sat, 4/13/13, Luke Walker <luke < at > blackduck.nu ([email]luke < at > blackduck.nu[/email])> wrote:

From: Luke Walker <luke < at > blackduck.nu ([email]luke < at > blackduck.nu[/email])>
Subject: Re: [commvault] CV fails to login to DC's after upgrade
To: commvault < at > yahoogroups.com ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com[/email])
Date: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 11:05 PM

Try changing the username format from ldap to domainusername and run a full backup On 14/04/2013 5:58 AM, "Mark Edwards" <[url=http://mc/compose?to=markey164 < at > yahoo.com]markey164 < at > yahoo.com[/url]> wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers

Mark

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]luke < at > blackduck.nu?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20CV%20fails%20to%20login%20to%20DC%27s%20after%20upgrade[/email]) Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4) Recent Activity: Visit Your Group

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=6576/stime=1365892372[/img]
__,_._,___

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1