SearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Service Packs
Post Service Packs 
Hey all, I have been asked to put CV 9 SP 3 onto some Linux clients. All of my CV servers are windows. When I get the CV 9 SP3 .tar file, copy to cache won't read it. When I tried to winzip it open to do a copy to cache, it crashes. Downloading updates in the GUI won't pull SP3 for unix clients. How do you all solve this issue? Usually this isn't a problem because I'm sure I'll be able to download it in a few weeks, but whenever service packs are new, they don't end up in the download cache for a few weeks after their release.

Also, yes, I could just have the clients upgraded manually using the .tar file, but I don't get access to my clients. I'd have to wait for another department to apply the change. If I want to update the client and not wait a month, I have to do it through the console GUI.

The information in this electronic mail communication (e-mail) contains confidential information which is the property of the sender and may be protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or attorney work product doctrine. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized by the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission or the taking or omission of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately of your receipt of this message by e-mail and destroy this communication, any attachments, and all copies thereof.
Southwest Gas Corporation does not guarantee the privacy or security of information transmitted by facsimile (fax) or other unsecure electronic means (including email). By choosing to send or receive information, including confidential or personal identifying information, via fax or unencrypted e-mail, you consent to accept any associated risk.
Thank you for your cooperation.

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]Bill.Willis < at > swgas.com?subject=Re%3A%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity: Visit Your Group

Commvault Documentation here:
http://documentation.commvault.com/
Text-Only ([email]commvault-traditional < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional[/email]), Daily Digest ([email]commvault-digest < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest[/email]) &bull; Unsubscribe ([email]commvault-unsubscribe < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=5224/stime=1311892267/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3[/img]
__,_._,___

Post Service Packs 
Try 7-zip it handles tars much better than winzip. Also what is you run download software not updates and select the unix packages you need. That worked for me when upgrading Mac clients. Also the commserve and media agents had to be on sp3 first.

Andy

On Jul 28, 2011, at 6:30 PM, "Bill Willis" <bill.willis < at > swgas.com ([email]bill.willis < at > swgas.com[/email])> wrote:

Hey all, I have been asked to put CV 9 SP 3 onto some Linux clients. All of my CV servers are windows. When I get the CV 9 SP3 .tar file, copy to cache won't read it. When I tried to winzip it open to do a copy to cache, it crashes. Downloading updates in the GUI won't pull SP3 for unix clients. How do you all solve this issue? Usually this isn't a problem because I'm sure I'll be able to download it in a few weeks, but whenever service packs are new, they don't end up in the download cache for a few weeks after their release.

Also, yes, I could just have the clients upgraded manually using the .tar file, but I don't get access to my clients. I'd have to wait for another department to apply the change. If I want to update the client and not wait a month, I have to do it through the console GUI.

The information in this electronic mail communication (e-mail) contains confidential information which is the property of the sender and may be protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or attorney work product doctrine. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized by the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission or the taking or omission of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately of your receipt of this message by e-mail and destroy this communication, any attachments, and all copies thereof.
Southwest Gas Corporation does not guarantee the privacy or security of information transmitted by facsimile (fax) or other unsecure electronic means (including email). By choosing to send or receive information, including confidential or personal identifying information, via fax or unencrypted e-mail, you consent to accept any associated risk.

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]drewedwards21 < at > yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (6)

Text-Only ([email]commvault-traditional < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Change Delivery Format: Traditional[/email]), Daily Digest ([email]commvault-digest < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Email Delivery: Digest[/email]) &bull; Unsubscribe ([email]commvault-unsubscribe < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=5225/stime=1311894488/nc1=4507179/nc2=4025373/nc3=5522132[/img]
__,_._,___

Post Service Packs 
Hey Bill,
please use winrar to extract the servicepack.
After that use can use copytocache (base folder on the commserve) to
load the servicepack into the software cache

kind regards
Mike

On 7/29/11, Bill Willis <bill.willis < at > swgas.com ([email]bill.willis%40swgas.com[/email])> wrote:
Hey all, I have been asked to put CV 9 SP 3 onto some Linux clients. All of
my CV servers are windows. When I get the CV 9 SP3 .tar file, copy to cache
won't read it. When I tried to winzip it open to do a copy to cache, it
crashes. Downloading updates in the GUI won't pull SP3 for unix clients.
How do you all solve this issue? Usually this isn't a problem because I'm
sure I'll be able to download it in a few weeks, but whenever service packs
are new, they don't end up in the download cache for a few weeks after their
release.

Also, yes, I could just have the clients upgraded manually using the .tar
file, but I don't get access to my clients. I'd have to wait for another
department to apply the change. If I want to update the client and not wait
a month, I have to do it through the console GUI.

The information in this electronic mail communication (e-mail) contains
confidential information which is the property of the sender and may be
protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or attorney work product
doctrine. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorized by the sender. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the contents of this e-mail transmission or the taking or
omission of any action in reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is
prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately of your receipt of this message by e-mail and
destroy this communication, any attachments, and all copies thereof.
Southwest Gas Corporation does not guarantee the privacy or security of
information transmitted by facsimile (fax) or other unsecure electronic
means (including email). By choosing to send or receive information,
including confidential or personal identifying information, via fax or
unencrypted e-mail, you consent to accept any associated risk.

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]qinetix < at > googlemail.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%5Bcommvault%5D%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (7)

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=5226/stime=1311919509/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3[/img]
__,_._,___

Post Service Packs 
Bill, Mike is correct - use the free (sort of) WinRAR to extract the TAR file. In a couple of weird circumstances I've found WinRAR didn't correctly unpack a TAR file, but 7-Zip always does.

--- In commvault < at > yahoogroups.com ([email]commvault%40yahoogroups.com[/email]), qinetix <qinetix < at > ...> wrote:

Hey Bill,
please use winrar to extract the servicepack.
After that use can use copytocache (base folder on the commserve) to
load the servicepack into the software cache

kind regards
Mike

__._,_.___
Reply to sender ([email]yahoo < at > downhillcat.com?subject=Re%3A%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply to group ([email]commvault < at > yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Service%20Packs[/email]) | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
Messages in this topic (Cool

[img]http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=7450851/grpspId=1707277520/msgId=5228/stime=1311984154/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3[/img]
__,_._,___

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1