SearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
drives not available error
Post drives not available error 
i have a HP tape robot with 3 LTO-4 drives on a master/media server. we use it to backup a few servers, nothing major.

all my policies are set up to use the max number of drives

lately i've noticed that sometimes NB will not use a drive even though one is available, up and should be used. did some googling around and it seems to be a bug on version 6.5.x which we are on. maybe even on 7.x

has this been fixed on 7.x or is it still a problem? and anyway to fix it other than a reboot?

I ended up setting up storage groups and load balancing when I was having a problem like that. also are all the drives set to the same level (hcart).

I was having the same problem a while back and jobs were queued up with open drives.

Dan Caissie
Systems Administrator
UNFI
260 Lake Rd, Dayville, CT 06241
p: 860-779-2800 ext: 32094
c: 1.401.603.8661
www.unfi.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of sql_noob
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:29 AM
To: VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drives not available error

i have a HP tape robot with 3 LTO-4 drives on a master/media server. we use it to backup a few servers, nothing major.

lately i've noticed that sometimes NB will not use a drive even though one is available, up and should be used. did some googling around and it seems to be a bug on version 6.5.x which we are on. maybe even on 7.x

has this been fixed on 7.x or is it still a problem? and anyway to fix it other than a reboot?

+----------------------------------------------------------------------
|This was sent by alent1234 < at > gmail.com via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com.

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged pursuant to the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine, may constitute inside information, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email or by calling (860) 779-2800 ext 35555 and delete this communication and all copies, including all attachments.

If you want send me the job log to peek at too

Dan Caissie
Systems Administrator
UNFI
www.unfi.com

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of sql_noob

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged pursuant to the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine, may constitute inside information, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email or by calling (860) 779-2800 ext 35555 and delete this communication and all copies, including all attachments.

Could it be a limitation in the storage unit? If the limit for the storage unit is reached it will not use open drives.

http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu

i doubt it since most times it will use all three drives at the same time

i'm in the process of rebooting and was going to update the firmware on the HP robot/drives and while shutting down some netbackup services they hung. so for now i'm thinking this is just a memory leak or something similar where it just hung

If it's only one policy I guess you could try and make a copy of it and see it works normal

Dan Caissie
Systems Administrator
UNFI
www.unfi.com

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1