SearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help with this
Post Help with this 
Our manager would like to see what our overall success/failure rate is for full backups that occur over the weekend. What would you recommend? I would need this to be a repeatable process that could be automated in the future. I have no idea how to accomplish this, anyone doing something similar?

Thanks,

Layne

Post Help with this 
Layne,
I use the following:

D:"PROGRAM FILES"VERITASNetBackupbinadmincmdbperror -U -tape -backstat -by_statcode -hoursago 24 > d:errorsbackup_failures_statcodes.txt
blat d:errorsbackup_failures_statcodes.txt -subject "My site backup failures by Status (Tape)" -to <THIS WILL BE AN EMAIL ADDRESS>

This uses blat to email whoever you want. You can adjust the time by increasing or decreasing the number 24.

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Barber, Layne Mr CTR DISA CDM612
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 1:01 PM
To: VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help with this

Our manager would like to see what our overall success/failure rate is for full backups that occur over the weekend. What would you recommend? I would need this to be a repeatable process that could be automated in the future. I have no idea how to accomplish this, anyone doing something similar?

Thanks,

Layne

Post Help with this 
If you have nbu 7.x go for opscenter and configure daily failed report along with email alerts. Easy way

otherwise BLAT with some pearl scripts is the way to go

To: layne.barber.ctr < at > csd.disa.mil; VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:12:40 +0000
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Help with this

.ExternalClass p.ecxMsoNormal, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoNormal, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} .ExternalClass a:link, .ExternalClass span.ecxMsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass a:visited, .ExternalClass span.ecxMsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass p.ecxMsoPlainText, .ExternalClass li.ecxMsoPlainText, .ExternalClass div.ecxMsoPlainText {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:10.5pt;font-family:Consolas;} .ExternalClass span.ecxPlainTextChar {font-family:Consolas;} .ExternalClass span.ecxEmailStyle19 {font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:windowtext;} .ExternalClass span.ecxEmailStyle20 {font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#1F497D;} .ExternalClass .ecxMsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} < at > page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;} .ExternalClass div.ecxWordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}
Layne,
I use the following:

D:"PROGRAM FILES"VERITASNetBackupbinadmincmdbperror -U -tape -backstat -by_statcode -hoursago 24 > d:errorsbackup_failures_statcodes.txt
blat d:errorsbackup_failures_statcodes.txt -subject "My site backup failures by Status (Tape)" -to <THIS WILL BE AN EMAIL ADDRESS>

This uses blat to email whoever you want. You can adjust the time by increasing or decreasing the number 24.

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Barber, Layne Mr CTR DISA CDM612

Thanks,

Layne

_______________________________________________ Veritas-bu maillist - Veritas-bu < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu

Post Help with this 
Hi,

You can choose Veritas Netbackup OPS Center. It is free.

We are on NBU 6.5.6 (Sun Solaris) and OPS Center 7.1 is running on Windows. It is working fine for us.
Singapore 486123
Singapore

Number (D) +65-6876-9313
Number (M) +65-9186-0581
Number (F) +65-6876-9711
VoIP 6666-900-313

HarpreetSingh.Chana < at > sg.flextronics.com ([email]HarpreetSingh.Chana < at > sg.flextronics.com[/email])
www.flextronics.com

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Anurag Sharma
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:13 AM
To: wilcox < at > ge.com; layne.barber.ctr < at > csd.disa.mil; veritas-bu

If you have nbu 7.x go for opscenter and configure daily failed report along with email alerts. Easy way

otherwise BLAT with some pearl scripts is the way to go

To: layne.barber.ctr < at > csd.disa.mil; VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:12:40 +0000
Layne,
I use the following:

Thanks,

Layne

_______________________________________________ Veritas-bu maillist - Veritas-bu < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu

Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1