SearchFAQMemberlist Log in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Existing Veritas Lic. Keys - Migration to 7.1.x
Post Existing Veritas Lic. Keys - Migration to 7.1.x 
Will someone explain if from a 6.x to 7.1.x migration, will or do license keys issued back with versions 3.x thru 5.x or 6.x still work?

Some where I recall reading about a possible conversion requirement or a utility that may be needed if you are doing a new install only versus a migration?

And as always, thanks in advance.

Scott J.

Your Old licenses will work with 7.1.
You will not have all the new futures but it will work. For example, an old exchange license will enable only exchange. The new lic will enable all database options. The old client (5.1) license does not enable the BMR option.
Your old clients will still work, but without the new futures and will be unsupported.

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Scott Jacobson
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:49 AM
To: VERITAS-BU < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Existing Veritas Lic. Keys - Migration to 7.1.x

Will someone explain if from a 6.x to 7.1.x migration, will or do license keys issued back with versions 3.x thru 5.x or 6.x still work?

Some where I recall reading about a possible conversion requirement or a utility that may be needed if you are doing a new install only versus a migration?

And as always, thanks in advance.

Scott J.

You can go to the Symantec licensing portal (licensing.symantec.com) to register your licenses and process an upgrade on them to convert them from a 6.X license to a 7.X license. This will activate all the features in NBU 7.X.

Ok, this is more what I was thinking I had recalled in reading. So do you get "new" licenses? Do the "swap" out the old for the new?

Thanks,
Scott

tsimerson <nbu-forum < at > backupcentral.com> 2/1/2012 3:09 PM >>>
You can go to the Symantec licensing portal (licensing.symantec.com) to register your licenses and process an upgrade on them to convert them from a 6.X license to a 7.X license. This will activate all the features in NBU 7.X.

+----------------------------------------------------------------------
|This was sent by tom < at > tjsimerson.org via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com.

Hi,
Yes, you should do it in a test environment first, what I normally do is add the new keys first—and then remove the old ones using get_license_key.
Justin.

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Scott Jacobson
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:35 PM
To: VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Existing Veritas Lic. Keys - Migration to 7.1.x

Ok, this is more what I was thinking I had recalled in reading. So do you get "new" licenses? Do the "swap" out the old for the new?

Thanks,

Scott

tsimerson <nbu-forum < at > backupcentral.com ([email]nbu-forum < at > backupcentral.com[/email])> 2/1/2012 3:09 PM >>>

|This was sent by tom < at > tjsimerson.org ([email]tom < at > tjsimerson.org[/email]) via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com ([email]abuse < at > backupcentral.com[/email]).

Getting new keys can be a pain. Hopefully you received your entitlement letter from Symantec.
Otherwise start the process by placing a call to Symantec(ask for a new entitlement letter and double check the email address) .
You can request eval licenses if your in a jam.
It’s not automatic.
It will help to have your old License Certificate to identify you.
PS your support must be active to receive the new keys.
Jim
From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Justin Piszcz
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:54 AM
To: 'Scott Jacobson'; VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU

Hi,
Yes, you should do it in a test environment first, what I normally do is add the new keys first—and then remove the old ones using get_license_key.
Justin.

From: veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu ([email]veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu[/email]) [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu ([email]veritas-bu-bounces < at > mailman.eng.auburn.edu[/email])] On Behalf Of Scott Jacobson
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:35 PM
To: VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU ([email]VERITAS-BU < at > MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN.EDU[/email])

Thanks,

Scott

tsimerson <nbu-forum < at > backupcentral.com ([email]nbu-forum < at > backupcentral.com[/email])> 2/1/2012 3:09 PM >>>

|This was sent by tom < at > tjsimerson.org ([email]tom < at > tjsimerson.org[/email]) via Backup Central.
|Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com ([email]abuse < at > backupcentral.com[/email]).

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1