What to do with jobs that APPEAR to be active, but have hung?
From Backup Central
I'm sure most of you have seen this, the master rant out of space which caused the backup jobs to hang. Or the master was rebooted, and some of the jobs were hung.
If you have jobs that appear to be active, key word here APPEAR, but in reality aren't ACTIVE, my suggestion is:
1. Make sure no other jobs are ready to start and REAL active jobs aren't running.
2. Note the jobid numbers for each of the 'hanging' jobs.
3. Stop the daemons if possible (NBU Daemons)
4. From the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs db area, remove those jobid* numbers. Simply a ./jobid* will do the trick and remove all associated files as well.
5. Restart your NBU Daemons (initbprd)
You hanging jobs will be gone. I have done this many, many times without issue.