Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Patch T2D2269 -ARCserv Backup for Laptops and Desktops v11.1

Posted by akitafan 
does anyone have patch T2D2269 for Computer Associates Brightstor ARCserv Backup for Laptops and Desktops v11.1.

We just stated getting messages that we need to install this patch, but 11.1 is no longer supported.
Contact CA support for the patch.

No longer supported means no more updates will be made to the product, but you can still call in and get previously written updates if it has not already been posted for download.
[quote]Contact CA support for the patch.

No longer supported means no more updates will be made to the product, but you can still call in and get previously written updates if it has not already been posted for download.[/quote]

I already contacted CA. They told me they will not supply patches for 11.1 and that we need to upgrade to the latest version. This is just not gonna happen.
I did a search at the CA support site.

Are you sure about this update?

Because T2D2269 shows up for BrightStor Mobile Backup 4.0 which is from 2003.
[quote]I did a search at the CA support site.

Are you sure about this update?

Because T2D2269 shows up for BrightStor Mobile Backup 4.0 which is from 2003.[/quote]

It is apparently needed by bmbanalyzer. We tried to run bmbanalyzer -repair and got a message back that this update needs to be applied.
The 11.5 manual has this in the messages section:
"
*------> WARNING: File FileName’ has zero size, and status CHANGED. *------> CRITICAL: the last 2 revisions file 'Name’ have size = 0, but status CHANGED. BMBClient has to be updated with Patch T2D2269.( Version 4.0 only)
"

But note that update is specific for version 4.0.

The manual gives this explanation:
The last one or two versions of this file are empty. It was, however, changed and not deleted.

Unfortunately it recommends doing just what you did run BMBAnalyzer with the repair option. Perhaps there is something going on with this specific file. Try moving the file to a different location and then run the job to see if it completes correctly.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.